PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION:
Lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ that partners with parents to implement a ministry for students and families that advances the Kingdom of God.POSITION SUMMARY:
The Student Minister provides vision and overall leadership for church’s ministry to students, 6th to 12th grade, and their families. The success of the Student Minister will depend on his/her ability to manage and empower a team of lay leaders as they work in their own duties and service.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development, execution and maintenance of student discipleship.
- Work with the Senior Minister to develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive
student ministry that works within the overall vision of the church.
- Oversee all programming for students from 6th to 12th grade: group meetings, church
camp, retreats and conferences, service projects, mission trips, and student activities.
- Write and maintain a Student Ministry budget.
- Provide volunteers with resources necessary to lead effectively.
- Provide regular training for Student Ministry volunteers.
- Equip and train parents to be the spiritual leaders of their students.
- Communicate regularly with students through all forms of media.
- Keep parents informed of student ministry events through all means available.
- Provide all critical information to senior minister, secretary, elders, and sponsors.
- Recruit volunteer staff.
- Screen new volunteers to ensure a safe and high standard for Student Ministry.
- Other Responsibilities
- Engage the students through community involvement.
- Be available for general pastoral care within the congregation.
- Be available to preach when called upon.
- Be available to respond to the daily needs of the office and congregation.